Eurofurence Information > Feedback

Cocktails at the bar

<< < (2/12) > >>

Token:
I did not complain to the staff, as they actually looked like they were trying to do things right (and as the first EF there, they were overworked… they never believe us when we tell them: Stock up. xD). So the cocktails I tried were not exceptionally bad (what would make me complain)… just… not very good. After my second, I stopped getting any more the whole convention because they were simply too pricey.

But yes, I understand you Cheetah, if this is the same next year, I will have a little chat with the bar-people. :-)

Best wishes,
Token

Jumpy:
Cheetah, I don't know. It's not about getting money back or anything, this is about improving in the future. Why shouldn't Nightfox be able to mention this area could use improvements?

I've heard from many guests that the cocktails were a low point of the Estrel bar / restaurant offering due to rather large variations in quality.

I do not like to start trouble while drinking with friends, so I mostly stuck to beer and soft drinks after a while, and only took an Estrel Drive if I was really in the mood for a cocktail. There's 100 EUR or so that the Estrel lost from me alone over the course of the convention, compared to what I spent at the Maritim last year for drinks. Same again for my partner.

Nimrais:
My experience was so-so ... the Piano Bar served some really good cocktails - but these were the 10-11€ cocktails from the regular menu. The bartenders even made cocktails that were not on the menu when we asked :) The convention cocktails at the other bar were not that good. I've ordered a few, but there was barely any alcohol in it and they mostly tasted like juice with ice (the Jehove for example). They weren't that bad, but could be better for the price.

If you get a really bad cocktail it's of course better to talk to the bartenders right away, but most of the cocktails were simply "okay-ish" and not bad enough. I agree with Jumpy, someone could collect the feedback and maybe mention it to the hotel.

nobs:
I totally agree with Jumpy.

I saw several people complaining at the bar about cocktails over the entire con. That kept me from ordering a single one.

It is totally out of question (at least for me) to argue with the waiter while hanging around with friends and having fun. So when the Estrel wants to serve me drinks they have to improve.  It is not only a question of the quality of the drinks when talking about "four star" and the prices. There should also be an implicit understanding that there should not be a reason for complains in the first place. The general service of the hotel and the restaurants did fulfill this (my) expectation. The bar did not.

About the prices itself: Maybe they should let do their controlling some math. Those prices might be correct when you expect some business men having their single drink a night. But asking 7€ / 0,2l for some generic wine (equivalent pricing for beer) keeps me from partying there.

Hurga:
I agree with Jumpy as well. I won't go and complain about a cocktail, which is a matter of taste and which I don't consider myself an expert on, as long as it isn't outright awful. Especially not when I'm half-drunk already and want to have fun with friends instead.

I can just say that if the quality of the cocktails doesn't improve (and it doesn't take magic to improve the quality) I'll go and get my booze elsewhere next time. And if I do that anyway, it'll include the beer. That would be a loss of 150 EUR for the hotel, if I remember the numbers from the Maritim correctly. And I think this is going to add up, if I get the other voices right.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version