Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: EF15 - The Pawpet Show!  (Read 42482 times)

RealZero

• Convention Security Operative
  • Metal, gaming, cartoons, vegan, environment, nerd♥
    • All links at Carrd
Re: EF15 - The Pawpet Show!
« Reply #45 on: 01.09.2009, 09:04:42 »

The show was just lovely, I preferred the topic of last year, but it was still great. I so love Poke's humor, the same like mine. *chuckles*
Well, a longer "rating" of the show in my full review of the con later the day (?).
Mhh, so, any chance to get the ending song by Lori as a sound file? Or in general songs from the Pawpet show's? Would love to hear those again in quality better than "cell-phone-you-tube-quality".^^

Greetings,
RealZero
I would like to see Steve Purcell and Greg Weisman as GOH.

Greetings, fellow vegan furs! ♥

gwyndolium

• The fruity husky!
« Reply #46 on: 01.09.2009, 09:24:52 »

*grins* We'll add that to our resumes. "Makes grown men cry" ^.^

It is amazing, year after year, to see the reaction of the audience.

Good thing I'm only 19 ;)
"Just one sign... and your cookie is mine!"

Pyridene

« Reply #47 on: 01.09.2009, 10:18:36 »

The show was just lovely, I preferred the topic of last year, but it was still great. I so love Poke's humor, the same like mine. *chuckles*
Well, a longer "rating" of the show in my full review of the con later the day (?).
Mhh, so, any chance to get the ending song by Lori as a sound file? Or in general songs from the Pawpet show's? Would love to hear those again in quality better than "cell-phone-you-tube-quality".^^

Greetings,
RealZero

The ending song for "DreamCatchers" was released on one of BBF's videos.  I believe it was the EF pre-registration Video part 2. But since EF15's Pawpet show just happened it will probably be awhile before anything is released in high quality.

Fairlight

• Pawpeteer
« Reply #48 on: 01.09.2009, 13:18:17 »

Hmm.. I think we'll have to wait for Cheetah to be out of OMG-Mode before we can find out if he plans to release the sound file.

As far as DVD's go: It's planned. The problem is that the production of the DVD takes a lot of time, what with it all needing video cutting and audio remastering (not easy, given we have a 5.1 soundtrack). Cheetah, BBF and Jaryic are usually so snowed under in other projects that there is a huge back log of shows awaiting beeing remastered.

According ot Cheetah, there's a chance we might see the release of one of the older shows on DVD later this year, but that's all down to how much time the team can spend to produce it. EF is a really big con, and most of the 365 days a year has is spent on planning for it.. ^.^ I think some day we'll need to find a seperate "post production" crew ^.^

Barney

• My Livejournal
« Reply #49 on: 01.09.2009, 14:01:51 »

I have to say, when I saw Mika being gunned down I was like "WTF" and had troubles keeping my eyes dry. I'm glad she got back in the end. It was nice to see what was written on the wheel of the chair as well "Nobody messes with Mika". Just... just don't let any of the puppets "die" okay? It makes me sad...
A box of chocolates is like a fursuit, you never know what's inside...

Suran

• Pawpet Show
    • YiffyToys.de®
« Reply #50 on: 01.09.2009, 14:10:37 »

I think the situation between mika being shot and her reapearance was just surreal
A main character is dead and everyone is happy and celebrating as if nothing happened.
There really SHOULD have been a sign that she is just heavily wounded.
Fursuiter (2 Suits).
Dealer (YiffyToys.de and YiffyToys.us)

SouthPaw

« Reply #51 on: 01.09.2009, 14:57:24 »

My personal opinion of Mika being shot was that it didn't seem to have the same emotional impact on the audience as, say, Monty's death in the EF13 show because I don't think anyone could believe that a main cast member would be killed off without it ending the run as well.

YMMV, of course...

Cheers,

Southie
--
SouthPaw, southie (at) southie (dot) me (dot) uk

o'wolf

• Pawpeteer
  • Community Communications
    • Wölfisch
« Reply #52 on: 01.09.2009, 14:57:54 »

A main character is dead and everyone is happy and celebrating as if nothing happened.

We never said she was dead, did we? Adham is an asshole, but a lousy shooter who only by luck managed to kill his brother during the brawl. He would just have left Mika lying there dying if the Fennecs had not interfered.
Is it that things really change? Or does the outside rearrange?
Is perception genuine? Or does truth lie deep beneath the skin?
— Alexander James Adams, Blood and Passion

Suran

• Pawpet Show
    • YiffyToys.de®
« Reply #53 on: 01.09.2009, 15:01:12 »

owolf: Valid point.
For someone to be shot and then not move anymore it was just an easily made assumption. In this case a wrong one.
Fursuiter (2 Suits).
Dealer (YiffyToys.de and YiffyToys.us)

Zefiro

• Pawpeteer
  • IT Department
  • I'm a dragon
    • Zefiros Höhle
« Reply #54 on: 01.09.2009, 16:17:44 »

I especially loved the crazy Fennec. She was so funny and cute xD
That would be Nashida. (custom fennec pawpet build by Xan and played by me)

Yes, the killing of characters was quite nonclimatic this time, especially compared to the first times we did it (Monty and Finlay). It's part of the genre, I think. I'm not part of the storywriting, but I personally also prefer the slapstick to the deep story, especially if it involves having to kill someone.

The writing on the wheelchair had been added shortly before the show as a tribute to Tani, who, well... rehearsed her role a little bit too thoroughly.

*purrrr*

Keidran

• Lonely Kitty and Brony /)^3^(\
« Reply #55 on: 01.09.2009, 16:19:36 »

I hope it's okay if I upload around 3/4 of the show in "my-arm-fell-of-so-don't-blame-me" quality. my cam died before the showdown on the dam. if not please tell me.

@Zefiro:
thanks for that awesome acting!

by the way. why was tani in hospital??

Fairlight

• Pawpeteer
« Reply #56 on: 01.09.2009, 17:38:03 »

There were some issues with a rather upset stomach.

Trust me, those were tough hours when we learned that Tani was taken into hospital... and we were not sure how serious it'd be.

I'm just glad she was fine, in the end. Not just for the show's sake, but first and foremost for Tani's sake. *hugs a Schnolf*

Otherwise, this would have required the biggest "Plan B", ever! ^.^

Whitepaw

• Kitsune Software - Mac games, screensavers, and sharewares
« Reply #57 on: 02.09.2009, 18:42:34 »

Great performance! I was wondering though, I have a recording of it, and would like to share it on the internet; am I allowed to? And can anyone recommend a way of getting the .wmv files I have from the camera into iMovie so I can add captions for the audio-only segments?

I'd happily pay €15-€20 for a high quality version of this, and the same again for the previous ones, though I'd not be able to afford all of them... at least, not all at once.

Drift

• Art Show
« Reply #58 on: 02.09.2009, 19:58:14 »

Great great show! It was my first one. I heard only good storries about the pawpet show in the past, but it was even better than I imagined, in a professional way! Keep up the good work, and let us know if and when and where it can be bought on DVD  :D

Fairlight

• Pawpeteer
« Reply #59 on: 02.09.2009, 20:10:42 »

Whitepaw: There already are some of the Acts on YouTube.

Feel free to share your recordings as you like. Just let us know where they are, then. I'd love to see the show, myself, from the audience's perspective!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up