Eurofurence Information > Feedback

Feedback from EF17

<< < (5/18) > >>

Thygrrr:

--- Quote from: Cheetah on 24.08.2011, 14:28:29 ---
--- Quote from: Faolin on 24.08.2011, 14:25:04 ---Regarding the prices in general, I just thought you would somehow provide the hotel with a general feedback or something. I'm pretty sure that people would buy way more drinks if the prices would be just a tad cheaper.

--- End quote ---

We gave them general feedback last year, and they said "thanks for your feedback". Apparently they are fine with their bar turnover, and who am I telling them how to run their business?

--- End quote ---

That said, the bar was already at capacity and I think experienced Hotel managers know better how to run a hotel and make a profit than your average convention attendee.

So rest assured, they probably know damn well what they are doing in terms of pricing, quality vs. quantity tradeoffs, etc.

Pan Hesekiel Shiroi:
Cheetah: I really thought the piano bar was a place to sit down and chat with some quiet music in the background. I didn't know people wanted more and different kinds of music, my apologies. :) Most of the times I simply escaped to the lobby which was a really nice place to hang out in the evenings.
And I already said earlier that it was pretty much my own mistake for not pointing things out I was dissatisfied with immediately to the waiter. :)
Oh, and rest assured - if someone's doing a good job, I have no problems with giving tips without being stingily.
And like I said, aside from my experiences in the piano bar this year (which were beyond your control, I know that), this EF was most awesome. :)

Luxen:

--- Quote from: Cheetah on 24.08.2011, 13:30:28 ---The only thing I can recommend is voting with your feet, and either get drunk at roomparties and stick to the affordable drinks in the bar (the beer prices are pretty normal for a bar, for example), or maybe try the cocktail bar directly next door. I've heard they're really good.

--- End quote ---
I can't really agree to that piece of advice.

Call me old-fashioned, but the majority of con-goers disappearing into private room parties or restaurants means staffers off-duty will have an even more difficult time to find their friends and the con-atmosphere inside the hotel will dilute even further. :-/ What I loved about the Ringberg hotel was that it was so easy to meet people as everybody seemed to be in or around the lobby.

I quite liked the cocktails at the piano bar and Ithe DJ-sets (or, on Saturday night, Foxamoore's spontaneous piano concert) were a nice touch that brought back some "party feeling" to the hotel. You could think about turning down the volume a bit, but I wouldn't want to miss it.

Ghostbear:
Still recovering from the PCD of my first Eurofurence convention, so I guess that's already a good sign.
Naw, really, I was pretty nervous about the con, but in the end I really had a blast.
Thank you very much for making it possible!

I'll try a bit of a feedback, but I'm not very good at it, sorry:

-The Pawpet Show was really, really awesome. As it was my first EF I had no comparison to the older shows, but I really loved it. I had been expecting some martial arts themed "historical" show but I was very positivly surprised to see a kinda cyberpunk themed show. Yes, there were some glitches and all ... but the people are no professional puppeteers, but they played with such enthusiasm and heart that I simply did not really notice the "mistakes" during the show. Just later, when I had time to think about it, I remembered them. But the show, awesome. Amazing how much life and soul you can put into the puppets. I mean Null was just so ... D'AAAW. SO the PPS was my favorite this year.
I loved Bitter Lake and the other shows, but the PPS blew me away.
Seating and everything seemed to went quite well and without much of a fuss (the big delay on the beginning of the PPS, well .. technical difficulties and accidents happen. And it's not that we did not have fun with the balloons ;) . Reserved seating rows for sponsors are a fair deal I think.

- I also enjoyed the BBF dance and I am very thankful for the free ear protection in three different versions. So even people with very sensitive ear could enjoy the dance. Thanks!

- I heard some stories about the elevators not working and everything. Gladly no problems this year. Yeas, sure you had to wait a couple of minutes sometimes, but since you could use the stairs this year it was no problem.

- Hotel staff was very friendly and helpfull. Every question or lil problem was readily answered.

- Prices. Well, that's something that is beyond your control. Was no problem to by myself the stuff I needed during the week in the nearby shopping center anyway. It just hurt when you stumble out of the dance and just need a cold drink to rehydrate. What bugged me a little was that even tap water was on the list of beverages at the minibar, but as I said .. nothing you could do about (and from what I've heared was that the mini bar staff themselves handed out water later)

- What I really liked was how the security staff handled the access to the Dealers Den on the first day. Just a small amount of people at a time. Yes, that meant you had to stay in the line for a longer amount of time, but that also meant you don't step on each others toes in the dealers den. And you had time to look around and maybe exchange a few word with your favorite artist.

- Security seemed to handle their job quite well (of course I can only tell from my positive personal experience) and was friendly and aware of access to certain areas (like Dealers den). I had not been wearing my con ticket around the neck but had it tied to my pants, so when I was in full motion it could be missed. Upon entry to the den I had been (rightfully and friendly) called back by security a few times to check my card.

- A small point at the end ... from what I've heared is that there was some confusion about stage tickets, day pass and so on. Maybe that's something that should be announced a clearer, I don't know. I was there for the full con myself, so I had no problems myself.

To sum it up... it was my first EF and if nothing goes wrong, it won't be my last.
Thank you for the awesome time!

Edit: now I got it I think. o.o'

Faolin:

--- Quote from: Thygrrr on 24.08.2011, 15:24:13 ---So rest assured, they probably know damn well what they are doing in terms of pricing, quality vs. quantity tradeoffs, etc.

--- End quote ---

That's for sure, I didn't wanna question that or make the impression that I'd think I knew better.
I'm just being naive and thought they would maybe make some more advances for us attendees, due to the fact that they are making the biggest turnovers in I guess a whole year. ;)

Nevermind.
I'll bother the local medieval store next year and be happy about tasty mead instead of drinking cocktails.

Even if I agree with Luxen, I'm not really a fan of private roomparties.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version